Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kyocera Cyclops & Virgin Mobile, Part 1

I don't think just a few minutes (before school) is enough to give a good review, so I'll quickly talk about the three aspects of a phone that make it a good phone...and whether, by this measurement, the Kyocera is a good phone...

In the area of call quality, I have no complaints. The phone picks u a Sprint signal better in low-signal areas than did the Slice or any of my other Sprint-based phones to my reckoning, despite its having an internal antenna, though the difference between it and the other phones wasn't much. Call quality in eneral is good...nothing to complain about in that area.

Battery life, on the other hand, reminds me of Nextel: 36 hours of light to moderate usage where I go. With heavier usage the Motorola v323i I had got a bit over two days. I have a feeling the Cyclops wouldn't do well on standby times. So I'd suggest getting a car charger for this phone :(.

Last, build quality: junky. The keypad is annoying in that some keys "pop" slightly out and it's annoying to press the next time...and the phone in general isn't built too well. Too bad this is Virgin's top-of-the-line phone for now...:(

More review later...

No comments: