Sunday, April 15, 2007

More Info: Motorola T720c

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to end up not doing a review on this phone. It looks like I got a worse-than-usual-refurb-condition phone and it's going offline soon anyway. But I have to say that besides the general condition of the phone, it seemed pretty darn advanced, though you could tell it was old.

First off, signal quality was fine. As was general voice quality, though the speaker could stand being louder. I couldn't help but think that this phone is the precursor to my own v323...

Second, I wish that PagePlus had disabled features that you can't use on them anyway, namely web and Get It Now. They changed the operator logo, so why not change the firmware to make things more efficient?

Speaking of efficiency, the iTAP predictive text on this phone isn't fun to use, because you have to hit the right softkey every time you want to insert a space on a text message...and this is a pretty big phone, so the right softkey is a loooong way away. But it is possible to text on the phone, and the large screen makes things very viewable.

Speaking of the large phone and the large screen, this phone is hunkin' huge. Which is a good thing for some people I suppose, but a bad thing for others of us. Think Razr, except twice as thick...yeah, this is a big phone...just wish the buttons were a little bigger, but then again this may be "I got a bad refurb" syndrome...

As to other features, this phone has surprisingly many. Aside from the web browser and text messaging, the Moto has voice dialing (you have to program it first), voice recording...that sorta thing. And for those of you who like ringtones, this phone does have some okay polyphonic ringers...just keep in mind that they sound decidedly "retro". And yes, the phone does have an external display, which is quite readable and all that.

I can't comment on battery life...will do that later...because I've only had the phone since Thursday and started my battery test on Friday. Seems to be holding up well though...

All in all, I'm hedging my bets that this phone's shortcomings as I experienced them were due to it being a refurb deal. Otherwise, in my opinion it's a fine phone, albeit old and freakin' huge. But due to the refurb-ness and the fact that what appears to be the only retailer of the phone now, BabbleBug, is gonna be pulling it off the market soon, I'll leave things at that...no review...

But I will review the Audiovox 8600 soon...boy is that phone tiny except in thickness...so stay tuned!

No comments: