Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Flare Is On Its Way

Okay, not technically on its way yet. That'll have to wait until tomorrow. But I just now ordered, with money raised by the sponsors of the site (BabbleBug and Google AdSense), the LG Flare from Virgin Mobile. I'll review it as soon as I get it in, so everyone will know whether this is the next big thing in terms of Virgin Mobile phones...or not.

Speaking of reviews, I will be posting my take on the Net10 Nokia 1600 in the next few days. As to its underlying carrier, the phone was using former CellularOne\Dobson towers, which are now very much AT&T. It's actually the first GSM phone in my history to have a number local to my hometown, since CellularOne "owned" a local prefix and AT&T didn't until they bought those guys.

EDIT: My Flare has shipped as of earlier today (19th) and will be here Monday.

No comments: