Monday, September 25, 2006

Tracfone...

First off, the LG 3280 is a bit more interesting than I first thought. It's actually a derivitave, says PhoneScoop, of the LG vx3300, which is only a few months old, rather than the grey-haired vx3200. Which is nice. Especially when, from Googleing it, it appears to have 0.3 unit text messaging both ways. Hey, I can stand cheaper text on CDMA...of course, Tracfone probably did this to unify more their product lines but it's good anyway.

Second, I have for sale right now my last bunch of ESN minutes and last two bunches of code minutes for awhile, as Tracfone doesn't have any promos to speak of online currently. So I'd see if they're still available right now, or you may be out of luck until...who knows... Tracfone may revamp their lineup with some good deals Friday, but then again they may not and it will take me a week to get more phones\ESN minutes\code minutes in. Just saying...and by the way as an added bonus if you want some code minutes I have one batch available right now, as in I can get it within 24 hours of request. Which is nice...for 10 cents a minute especially...

Third, and last, is that I noticed a week or two ago that Wal-Mart is now selling the Nokia 2126 for around $30 ($29.98 I think) rather than $19.98 plus tax. Dang. Still a good phone though and I'll wager worth every penny of that $29.98, maybe more, but don't tell Tracfone that or they'll raise the price again :). Of course, they probably already know that everyone knows the 2126 is a quite solid phone.

And that's all the Tracfone news I have right now...until I get a shiny new LG 3280 of course...but then again there may be some news before that, like when it actually comes out!

But wait...one more thing...refer-a-friend is still there, on Tracfone's homepage. It's just a lot smaller, a text link, rather than a big banner. That's OK with me...

No comments: