Saturday, June 10, 2006

From Viewers Like You...

I just got this email today...slightly edited...

I was reading your post on pre-paid phones.

I am a new Tracfone customer and decided to get the re-conditioned Nokia 1100 Tracfone deal. After using the phone I decided to purchase...the Motorola v170. This has turned out to be a big mistake.

I live in [New Hampshire] and use these phones in the mountains...The Nokia put the Motorola to shame. I always get signal strenth on the Nokia were as the motorola displays no signal or emergency service only (the phones were tested held side by side in the same spot). Tracfone has sent me new replacement v170 models and they still show weak signals.

The Motorola also has half the battery life and will only store phone numbers using the SIM card. The Nokia has the option of storing [contacts on the phone].

The bottom line is a fancy featured phone is useless unless you get service.
My wife has the nokia and I am stuck with the...v170. Tracfone claims there is no difference in the phones. I hope the newer Motorolas work better.


This isn't the first time I've heard not so great things about the Motorola v170. True, you can actually select what network you want to be on...for all of five minutes...but you can't get on a network the phone won't pick up, and that's a problem.

The phone appears to be discontinued now (it is no longer on Tracfone's website) and I too hope that the next wave of Tracfone Motorolas will be better than a few years ago's iteration. Once again though, the v170 isn't worth $50. If you need a flip phone and want Tracfone then wait on the v176.

Keep the emails flowing in everybody! I like to hear from people who visit my site!

P.S. I plan to get the new Tracfone models as they come out. Please support me (hint: click ads that interest you) so I can do so and put the phone reviews here.

P.P.S. Yes, I will go on a roll and finish\do the following reviews soon, in the following order:

1) MovilListo service \ Siemens a56
2) Samsung a820 on STi Mobile
3) Tracfone Motorola c139
4) Tracfone Nokia 1100

Stay tuned!

No comments: