Saturday, April 01, 2006

STi Snorefest

April 1st has come and our worse forebodings have been proven: STi's Plan 3 includes only 100 minutes, though the unlimited nights and weekends start at 7. I mean, come on, for $50 I'd expect something better. For the same price on a Sprint PCS contract plan you'd be able to get 400 minutes a month. Heck, even if you paid $10 extra for the no contract option you could get 200 minutes. Again, STi plays Captain Ludicrous. May it die a violent death...after I get my rebate...

Second, the LG 225 and Samsung a820 now require $100 in airtime plus the cost of the phone if you buy from STiMobile.com, and probably with other places to follow. I'm not paying $200 for a simple camera phone, or a ReadyLink-capable phone. Are you? Right, I thought so. CheapPhoneCards still has the 225 with $50 in airtime for $99, the price of the phone alone on STi's website (read: you can get 2 for the price of 1 with the airtime of 1), if your usage patterns match up with what's cheap on that carrier. But not much is cheap on that carrier anymore if you count in one or another of their daily fees...

No comments: